Saturday, January 16, 2010

the Israelites.

Whoever reads this, I hope these words encourage you. People think it's weird to blog, and I partially agree. But I have read some very encouraging words from blogs that I've divinely come across, so I hope this little post today encourages you, wherever and whoever you are.

I am still so fascinated with the story of Israel. Every time I read parts of it, I feel God gently speaking to me. This is the story of you and me, not some ancient tale of long ago.

After the Israelites wandered around the desert for 40 years, God renewed His covenant with them. He constantly reminds them of what He's done, and how He is the faithful and Almighty God. He basically says He'll bless them if they obey, and curse them if not.

The only way the Israelites can return to the Lord is if they truly repent with all their heart.

This still stirs in me, because God knew that they would disobey. He knew they would wander once again. Then he says this:

"Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, 'Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?' Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, 'Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?' No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it."
Deuteronomy 30:11-14

His Word is IN our hearts if we seek Him. Life in Christ is not too lofty or beyond our reach. Just as with the Israelites. Let's return to the Lord with all our heart and soul. Daily!

"The LORD will again delight in you and make you prosperous, just as he delighted in your fathers, if you obey the LORD your God and keep his commands and decrees that are written in this Book of the Law and turn to the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul."
Deut. 30:9-10

No comments: