Tuesday, December 15, 2009

perspective.

this semester (yes, I speak in "semester" terms again now that i'm a teacher) has just flown by. my head feels like it's spinning some (most) of the time. I'm learning so much I feel like I'm not learning anything.

It's so good to stop and think about what the Lord HAS done and IS doing.

I was reminded at church this week as they talked about missions that a year ago i was finishing up the Perspectives class. That class opened my eyes to so much about what God is doing around the world. it reminded me of His purposes throughout history and worldwide, which sadly are easy to forget at times.

Isn't it crazy how we get so wrapped up in our "job" or our "life" or our whatever and put aside daily meditating on Christ and who He is, and live missionally? So much of the stress and sorrow that I put myself through would be relieved if I truly daily meditated on Christ's grace and His purpose in my daily life.

Perspective. What's your perspective? Is it like mine, which so often worries about getting stuff "done" every day and planning for tomorrow instead of looking around me and loving those people the way Christ calls us to?

Or, is it centered around Christ's bigger purpose for this world and this city??

Perspective. I am so thankful for a 2 week break which starts tonight. I'm praying for time, for rest, for a deep knowledge of Christ and His purpose. Will you join me in stopping and meditating on HIM and not yourself?
Here are some pictures I took today with my precious double-block class. Precious, 13-year-old little people in dire need of love and attention. They just won't admit it...
this one was their idea.

playing with light.


Be blessed this Christmas. Christ is Lord. He is good, and He does good.

No comments: