Tuesday, November 24, 2009

funny things they say...

just so i don't forget:

carlos: "miss, you like popeye's or kfc chicken better?"
me: "um, i don't really prefer either one."
carlos: "huh? why not?"
me: "well i don't eat much fried chicken."
carlos: "so, where eat at? mcdonald's? wing stop?"
me: "well i guess if i eat fast food i eat at chickfila."
carlos: "hmm. ok."

tyler: "miss, it smell bad in here. like armpits or somethin."
me: "tell me about it... i'm in here all day."

sorany: "oh miss, you're finally wearing heels!"

me: "ok, who wants to come up to the board and be our Vanna White?"
class: crickets... no one talks.
me: "um, does anyone know who Vanna White is?"
class: "who? sounds like an old white person!"
me: "ok listen, Vanna White is the lady on Wheel of Fortune. How do you not know who she is??"
class: "oh yeah, my grandparents watch that show (chuckle)."

finally, i asked them to write down what they were thankful for before they left on friday. here are some good (and ridiculous) responses:
"I'm going to Mexico to celebrate with my grandparents since we never see them."
"I am thankful because God gave us life and food."
"I'm thankful for my mom because she is the one that want me to have a good education and she has being with me when i need her."
"My boyfriend."
"I am thankful for this piece of paper."
"I am thankful for my family and how they raised me and gave me support."
"I am thankful for teachers being nice to me and teaching me alot of new things so i can learn more. (smiley face) " hmm, teacher's pet?
"I am thankful for having family who cares for me."

more to come. i'm thankful to be working in a place that challenges me, encourages me, and makes me laugh every day. what are you thankful for?

"I will extol my God and King, and bless your name forever and ever. Every day I will bless you and praise your name forever and ever. Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable."
psalm 145:1-3

No comments: