Thursday, June 4, 2009

identity.

So, tomorrow is my last day at work, and monday i start summer training to become a middle school math teacher. it's funny how much God shows his sense of humor, even through things like my life. It's been a whirlwind of change the past couple months. Change is something I've cried out for all year, and when it hits, it hits hard.

this whole year has just been awkward and weird and God's used that to mold me and really start growing in me like never before. He's shown me how much my identity has almost always been in something besides him - whether that be groups of friends or organizations or jobs or relationships, or even just my own personal strengths.

My identity is in Christ alone. That's something that has always been hard to grasp for me. I am Christ's creation. His blood justifies me, and nothing else. This new job isn't my identity. What I do with my time isn't my identity. It's a part of me, but my life is about Christ in me. It really is about the way we love this world.

It's cool though that He's opened a door for me to do something like teaching, and given me a passion for it. It will be hard and exhausting. I'll find out even more about how messed up I am. But I just want God to use me for His purpose.

My whole life here is for the purpose of glorifying our Maker, and allowing Him to use me. Yes, he cares about the little details of our life and loves us deeply, but it's all about His glory.

I decided I'll never know exactly what I want to "do". I hope I never figure that out. I hope I'm always unsettled here, and aware of where my true, eternal identity lies.

No comments: